Course: Sustainability Tools & Processes
Group design project, paper & presentation for a redesign of Rockwell Hall’s 4th floor
- Propose innovative uses of “green furnishings,” surfaces and systems
- Inspire and make people delighted to work within it
- Provide reductions in the space’s ecological footprint
- Create improvements on workforce productivity
- Construct an economically advantageous floor
Achieve LEED certification using a full redesign using the LEED Commerical Interiors checklist and point value system.
This project was designed as a mini-competition among the teams in my class. We presented our designs to a panel that involved a facility manager from Duquesne and two LEED accredited individuals. My team placed first, no doubt due to the thoughtful design and creative presentation of our work ;). A LEED Design Award engraved with our names now sits in the glass display case on the 4th floor of Rockwell Hall to honor our success.
Full paper including business case, design detail, attachments, and LEED valuation, is attached below.